A patented dry extract high in
The clinically supported
oncology herbal mix
A mix of natural ingredients
An original oncology use
Supported by a clinical trial
Desmovit®, a combination of 2 natural ingredients from the earth & sea
Desmovit® is a nutraceutics mix of two natural ingredients: desmodium & lithothamnion. This mix is specially made to reduce the liver inflammation and side effects of rather toxic products like those found in chemotherapy ones or food.
Desmovit® is supported by a clinical trial.
Desmodium adscendens comes from Africa, more precisely from Ghana and Ivorian Coast. It has been used for centuries as a medicinal plant to cure asthma, digestive illnesses…
In Desmovit®, plant properties are preserved thanks to a cryogenic mill keeping all the components intact1. Only this totum form has shown effects during the clinical trial.
Lithothamnium calcareum, commonly called Lithothamnion, is a red algae that grows in cold waters of French North Sea, Norway, Ireland… This algae looks like a coral and contains alginates and a lot of minerals like calcium or magnesium. In particular, has a high concentration of calcium carbonates (30%)2.
The chemistry of these forms explains this result. OSA and MMST are monomeric, while the other forms show varying degrees of polymerization.
Increase hepatic drainage and lowers local inflammation recovering hepatic functions
Pending claim: hepatoprotective effect
Action on enzymes
|Fights against GERD||
Neutralizes stomach pH excess
|Muscles||Lowers muscle pain||Restores acid-base status|
A clinical trial with positive results in cancer patients
Products used during chemotherapy are very toxic for the body. Liver is an organ affected adversely by these products. Indeed, it has to treat everything that comes through the body. A wrong balance between acid – base can also happen during chemotherapy and results in undesirable effects such as pain in muscles.
Desmovit® is supported by a clinical trial3 aiming people under chemotherapy treatment. The efficacy of Desmovit® on relief from several symptoms has been tested as well as treatment of inflammatory patient state under chemotherapy.
The results have shown:
C-reactive protein is a very specific and early marker of inflammatory conditions, often seen in cases of cancer4.
Desmodium Adscendens participates in the liver well-being with5:
Too much acid can result in blood being less fluid and therefore nutrients and oxygen not being distributed as they could be. A lack of oxygen can lead to lactic acid secretion in muscles and therefore muscular pain6. Minerals in lithothamnion can help restore the acid-base balance and especially the calcium carbonates content. Calcium carbonates can neutralize the stomach pH excess and therefore help with GERD (GastroEsophageal Reflux Disease)7.
1. PhytoItalia, 2017
2. Amandine Ollier, Utilisation des algues dans les compléments alimentaires : usages et justifications scientifiques, 2017.
3. Imperatori et al. Feasibility single-arm study of a medical device containing Desmodium adscendens and Lithothamnium calcareum combined with chemotherapy in head and neck cancer patients, 2018
4. Dictionnaire de l’académie de médecine, 2018
5. Desmodium adscendens. From the Cameroonian traditional remedy against hepatitis to chemotherapy support, Tubéry et al, 2015
6. Pascal Guerit, Doctor of Pharmacy – University Diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition
7. Cruywagen et al. The effect of buffering dairy cow diets with limestone, calcareous marine algae, or sodium bicarbonate on ruminal pH profiles, production responses, and rumen fermentation., 2015